We hope you have had a very happpy Christmas and new year!
I have many things to update on this blog...I have been thinking 'why' 'what happened to my bloggin'? I came up with two answers: pride and paranoia. Let me explain... I was paranoid mostly because Cory was gone 7/8 of the time from April to October, and because we traveled almost every weekend when he did get home full time. I was going to privatize our blog but never did and so worried about giving too much detail to some stranger reading my blog. But Cory is home and we have settled down so I feel much more secure. Pride you ask? Well, yes, remembering pride takes on many forms, everytime I got online to blog, I would first check my family and friends to find out what was going on in their lives but then an hour would go by and I hadn't touched my blog!! I also started to compare my self and blog to others and think 'no one wants to read my blog - its not nearly as entertaining as so and so's or my blog is not half as thought provoking as so and so's or I'm not nearly so crafty or healthy or cool as so and so's- I would not write anything and I got to the point where I didn't even check any of my family and friends and had no idea where to begin on mine!!
I love all my so and so's!! I wanted to keep our relationships close by more than just blogging (or facebook - I tried that for a while and just didn't get the one liner things to do!!). So, here I am, my feet back on the ground, my life a little more focused and hopefully a little less prideful and little more centered on the important things. I have learned soooo much this past year and I am grateful for those opportunities but really, I am glad to move onto this new year!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you were able to come so much this year...I enjoyed it more than I can say.
Glad you are blogging again.
And remember no one compares to you...you are unique and beautiful--inside and out!!
Mom-See
We're glad your back:) I know what you mean about wondering about if anyone even cares about what you post, but I got over that by just thinking of our blog as a family journal. I post what I think is funny or important, and what I want to remember, and if other people take the time to read it then that's great too.
I am glad you are back to blogging, bcse I missed you! This is a fun way to keep in touch. For me it helps me to get stuff out of my head and forces me to take pictures and download them, so hopefully I am keeping a record of our family!
Post a Comment