Tuesday, March 3, 2009

They moved a bunch too!

So I have felt a little overwhelmed looking at our family's next move (#11 if you count the 4 'waiting for the place to open up layovers at family's homes - which I do because that is almost more stressful trying to pack up a house and leave out two weeks worth of stuff!) especially since Cory has to leave a month before our lease is up and we won't be living together for the next 5 months...

I was praying, or just kinda complaining, to the Lord a little bit (you do that sometimes right?) about the move and then I was asking for gratitude so I would have a better attitude and then I read my scriptures looking for an answer. I was blessed with both an answer and gratitude! I am reading in the Old Testament and "happen to be" Numbers chapter 33 where Moses says the Lord commanded him to write their goings...I thought, 'yep, I have been meaning to write in my journal, that always makes me more grateful. ok, thanks'. But as I read on, Moses lists all the moving they did! He listed 34 places where they "pitched at or encamped in"! Wow. Then he mentions Aaron dying and then they moved 9 more times!!
So...I felt a ton better and wanted to share how I know God hears us, loves us and answers prayers-even when it may sound a little more like complaining!

4 comments:

Greg and Julie said...

Kaylynn,
That was a great feel good story. Thanks for sharing. We look forward to seeing you and your family this weekend.
Greg

Kristina said...

Thanks for the insight. I think that is one thing that email and blogging does for me. It is my way of keeping a journal. I certainly don't write everything, but I am trying to write the things my kids would like to hear, my testimony of the gospel and of being a mom.

It has been a huge revelation and filled me with lots of gratitude!

Theresa said...

The summer will just fly right by! I feel like summer months are always easier than winter months with younge kids. You will be able to get outside and breath fresh air and soak up the sunshine!

The Cox Family said...

I just tagged you on my blog. :) Good luck moving!