I first applied to Promontory golf club a high class private community with two 18 hole golf course.. very nice !! I was very excited about this one and so was Kaylynn. They paid well and provided housing for me and I would be able to go see Kaylynn at her mom and dads every weekend.
but alais I got an email back that they had already hired all their intern for the summer but that they would love to have me next year...
the search continues.....
I found another fantastic golf course in heber city. it is a jack nicholas design. very nice and fancy which really equates to a higher salary because you have more expectations. this course is also part of a company called troon glof that owns and opperates 200 golf courses through out the world. would be nice to get into that company. Again it was close to where Kaylynn would be staying for the summer, but after we haggled out salary and housing I realized that they had two other interns one of which was a girl and we would have been staying in the same house...not good. it was a deal breaker.
the seach continues.....
the superintendant at red ledges was kind enough to try to get me a job at the glacier club in durango colroado, but again i got the "you have a great resume and we would love to have you but we have already hired all of our interns for this year"
suck..
In a mad dash I sent out four resumes all at once. i felt like i was running out of time for finding a great internship. one to teton pines in jackson, wy beautiful golf course and a great superintendant, but they were all full as well. another to manito golf and country club in spokane, wa a good course for spokane and it would be nice to live by family plus there is a school for children with cochlear implants, but the interview didn't sit well with me the job was offered, pay was okay, but if felt as if they were saying "really you want to do an internship here why? have you considered other options?" so i am considering other options. another golf course war roaring fork golf club again excellent course and they had fly fishing on the course too.this course is in aspen colorado. they are currently reviewing my resume, but it might be too late cause I really like this final one! and the finall one is a private community near vail, co. it has four golf courses three regular 18 hole courses and 1 par 3 nine hole course. huge community lots of money. I have received an offer from this course and it looks really good. great pay, free housing, five and a half hour drive to Ephraim, ut. every other weekend off. I would also have a chance to manage a crew on some weekends to get management experience. It is a really good opportunity. I have been offered the job and am waiting on some final paperwork. I don't want to prematurely celebrate, I'll feel secure when I get it all in writing.
I hope the search is over..
Cory received his final paperwork for his internship offer!!!Yeah, we are very excited! Mostly just knowing where we will be is such a relief and comfort.
3 comments:
Kaylynn- You are going to be in Ephraim for the Summer??? That would be so awesome!! (Maybe not so great for you if hubby is somewhere else, but it would be great to see you frequently.)
How fantastic!
Congratulations man! Good to hear you found one. We wish we could come visit, but I think the twins will keep me close to a hospital.
Post a Comment